Sunday, November 8, 2009
Heroine Interview for A Family for Thanksgiving
Interview with the heroine for A Family for Thanksgiving by Patricia Davids:
1. Nicki Appleton, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I’m a preschool teacher and a foster mom. I guess you can tell that I love kids.
2. What do you do for fun?
These days, playing with my foster daughter, Kasey, is fun everyday.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Updating my mother on my current dating status. She thinks she’ll never be a grandmother, following that, dusting. It’s very low on my list of priorities.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
You don’t ask easy questions, do you? Right now, I’m afraid something will happen to stop my adoption of Kasey. I’ve been her foster mother for five months. In that time I’ve come to love her like my own child.
5. What do you want out of life?
To be useful and to know that I’m living the life God wants for me.
6. What is the most important thing to you?
Loyalty. Hands down.
7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?
I’m a romance fan. I love books where things turn out happily ever after.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
The one thing I’d change is this irrational hang up I have about Clay Logan. I don’t know why I can’t get him out of my mind once and for all.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I don’t have a pet. I like animals. I’ve just never had time for one.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Now this is an easy question. I’d travel back to my freshman year in high school, the year before my father died and I’d spend way more time with him. I know he’s with God in heaven, but I miss him everyday.