Sunday, April 20, 2014

Claiming the Doctor's Heart Interview


How exciting to have Connor Mitchell. the hero from CLAIMING THE DOCTOR’S HEART by Renee Ryan an April 2014 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1.     Connor, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I’m a single father of twin girls. Molly and Megan are about to turn nine years old. I’ve raised them on my own (okay, with the help of family, friends and an indispensable housekeeper) since they were four years old. My wife died of cancer just when our marriage was getting back on the right track after a rocky patch. I’m partners with a childhood friend of a local Family Medical Practice here in our small town Village Green.
2.     What do you do for fun?
Any activity that involves time with my daughters. They recently talked me into getting a puppy, which has proven to be more work than fun. The little guy recently got out of his crate and tripped the above mentioned indispensable housekeeper. Summer break just started and I’m in desperate need of childcare for my girls. I think I have a solution. My partners little sister Olivia Scott just came back to town and is in need of a temporary position. Here’s hoping it works out for all of us. 
3.     What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I hate updating patient charts, so I usually make initial notes that then need expanding at a later date. Since I’d rather spend time with my family, I end up working on the charts Sunday morning when the girls are attending Sunday school.
4.     What are you afraid of most in life?
Failing my daughters or not giving them enough of my time.
5.     What is the most important thing to you?
Family first, family always! That’s my motto. This wasn’t always the case. But I promised my wife on her deathbed to put the girls first. It isn’t always easy, but always worth the effort. I have no regrets. My life is richer and fuller for keeping my priorities straight.
6.     Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I read parenting books, when there’s time, but I mostly read out loud to my daughters at bedtime. We’re currently wading our way through the American Girl books. As of today, Samantha is their favorite.
7.     If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’m not sure I’d change anything about myself, but I would change how many hours there are in a day.  I could use an extra two or three.
8.     Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Samson is the newest member of our family. The girls picked him out. He’s a puggle (a cross between a beagle and a pug) and incredibly disobedient. Olivia seems to have a way with him. If she can tame that beast who knows what other wonders she’ll accomplish in my home. Samson adores her. My daughters adore her. I’m growing fond of her, too.
9.     If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I’d return to those early years right after the birth of the twins. I would make sure I gave more of myself and my time to my family. I’ll never get those lost days back. I won’t make that same mistake twice.


3 comments:

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive