Sunday, July 13, 2014

Redeeming the Rancher Interview

How exciting to have Alexis Grainger, the heroine from Redeeming the Rancher ,written by Deb Kastner, a July 2014 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1.  Alexis, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I run a ministry for delinquent teenagers who would otherwise be wearing reflective vests and collecting trash by the side of the road. Many of these young people haven’t had much love in their lives. Here at Redemption Ranch they experience both God’s love and mine. Sometimes it’s tough love, but hopefully the kids benefit from it.
2.  What do you do for fun?
I hang out with my two best friends, Samantha Davenport and Mary Bishop. We’re known in small-town Serendipity, Texas as the Little Chicks. However, now that both of them are married I see less of them than I once did, but that’s okay, because I’m super busy at the ranch.
3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Oh, that one’s easy. As much as I love running my ranch, I can’t stand anything that has to do with accounting. Crunching numbers is so not my thing.
4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
That I’ll lose the ranch. Like I said, numbers aren’t my thing and I can’t figure out how to make ends meet on the funds I have. Second to that would be that my meddling twin sister is going to try her hand at matchmaking—just what I don’t need right now.
5.  What is the most important thing to you?
After my faith, it is my ministry. I enjoy the challenges each the kids of that come through Redemption Ranch presents. Love all of those kids.
6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I don’t have much time to read, but when I do, it’s romantic suspense, so when I met Griff Haddon, well, let’s just say I was a little bit freaked out.
7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My pride. I know I tend to rely too much on my own gifts and abilities and tend not to ask for help when I need it—or at least, that’s what Griff tells me.
8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I have all kinds of animals at Redemption Ranch, everything from chickens and goats to horses and cattle. Part of the teenagers’ journeys here is learning how to care for the animals.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Hmm. That’s a difficult one. I’m not sure I’d want to go back. I’ve got my plate full with the present.


2 comments:

  1. Redemption Ranch sounds like a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana! I'm actually setting the book I'm writing now on Redemption Ranch, as well. Lots of room for conflict when you're talking about troubled teens.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive