Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Welcome to Winter!

So this winter, I traded this:


For this:


That’s right, I left behind the sunny south to take a job in the frigid Midwest. It’s an adjustment for everyone including my furkids. The dogs are now accepting the fact that when it’s below freezing and snow is on the ground that wearing those dog booties is actually a good thing.



This process has taught me a lot about being able to accept change. It has also made me rely on prayer even more to get through this huge life change. This song has been one of my favorites lately.


But when it’s so cold outside, it’s a great time to curl up with a great book. How do you handle the winter weather? How cold has it been where you live? Do you have a great read to keep you company?

6 comments:

  1. I have to admit that, as a planner I'm sometimes resistant to change and rely on prayer to get me past that. As for our weather, it's -8 in the Albany, NY, area this morning. But we're used that and just bundle up, even inside our old somewhat drafty farm house some nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had rain yesterday. Does that count? Other than that, we've been in the 60s and 70s. Mornings a bit cooler.

    Loved the song. Who else sings it? I know I've heard it before by a male.

    You got me thinking at 6 a.m. ish. Ouch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's not nice in Texas either, but nothing like what you're having. I ready to get back in the 50s again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Northern California where we're currently experiencing beautiful clear days in the sixties. We could really use some of your winter weather. It looks like we could be heading into our fourth year of drought in a row. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been gloomy down in the Sunshine State, too. I'm wearing outerwear inside!!! But the sun is shining today at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgia has been cold and dreary. I long for sunshine!

    A little snow would be fun too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive