Saturday, February 21, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Sheltered by the Warrior by Barbara Phinney



Her unexpected guardian 
Baron Stephen de Bretonne's sworn duty is to serve the king—and that means finding the Saxons plotting against the throne by any means necessary. Protecting a Saxon woman and her half-Norman child? Merely a means to that end. But the lovely Rowena proves to be more than just a pawn in his plan. And his admiration for her could ruin everything if he can't stifle his feelings. 
While Rowena must begrudgingly accept Norman protection for herself and her baby, she knows better than to trust any man. Yet in the face of danger, can she also open her heart to her unlikely protector?
 Interview:How exciting to have Rowena the heroine from Sheltered By The Warrior written by  Barbara Phinney a February  release from Love Inspired Romance .

1.  Rowena, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I suppose that the most interesting thing about me is that I can figure out how people are feeling, although, I am not sure I like how I learned it. You get to be good at reading people when they turn on you at a moment’s notice.

2.  What do you do for fun?
Having been raised on a farm, I didn’t really have time for fun. But now I love to watch my son, so I suppose that’s my fun. He’s the joy of my life and watching him grow is truly the best thing I have ever experienced.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I can’t say I put off anything, but what I dread the most is going to Lord Stephen’s manor. He took me in when my hut burned down, and the maids I share a chamber with are wonderful, but what am I teaching my son? That we need to be charity cases?

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
I’m most afraid of being unable to raise my son. I am so scared that I will not be around for him, or that we can’t find enough food and money. I want to protect him, but what if I can’t? After all, someone who doesn’t want me here has razed my hut.

5.  What do you want out of life?
Just as I said a moment ago. I want to start my life again, raise my baby and give him more than I had.

6.  What is the most important thing to you?
My son. I called him Andrew and he’s so beautiful. I can’t even begin to express the love I feel for him.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
One thing? Oh, how I would love to be able to read and write! I would teach my son and he would be able to find work in some manor somewhere and I wouldn’t have to worry about him.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Well, I have a hen. She’s not a pet, but when you live on a farm as I did, pets can be either every animal or no animal. My friend, Clara, tells me we are all God’s creatures, big and small. So, I guess my little hen is a pet. Even after my hut burned, she came back to me and I am so grateful for her.

9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?
A few years ago, the Normans conquered our land. I thought they were so cruel because they enslaved us. But then I learned that not all are as brutal as the new king, especially Lord Stephen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive