Saturday, June 6, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: A Rancher for Their Mom by Leann Harris



Cowboy for Hire 
Cowboy Joel Kaye has ambitions as big as Texas. And after decades away, rodeo glory seems finally within reach. But when two little boys "hire" him to work on their ranch, Joel can't turn them down. He tells himself it's only for one week, but widow April Landers and her family soon begin to fill a void in the rodeo rider's scarred heart. April lives for her three kids—and the ranch she's fighting fiercely to keep. This determined mama's not looking for another wandering partner. Will this ready-made family inspire Joel to put down roots…for good?

INTERVIEW:
How exciting to have Joel Kaye the hero  from  A Rancher for Their Mom written by Leann Harris a June 2015 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1.  Joel, tell me the most interesting thing about you?  I’m a cowboy, who is following the rodeo circuit.
2.  What do you do for fun? Fun? When I ranched, fun wasn’t in my vocabulary. Now that I’m on the circuit, I enjoy playing the guitar. My horse doesn’t think I’m that good.
3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it? When you’re taking care of livestock, you don’t put off things. Cows and bulls don’t understand you’re tired. Either does my horse. Too bad for you is the motto for the livestock.
4.  What are you afraid of most in life? Afraid of not winning that championship belt buckle in my events in the rodeo.
5.  What is the most important thing to you? It was that belt buckle, but not anymore. It’s two little boys, their sister and their mother. Especially their mother, April.
6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book? As strange as it sounds, I love spy books. It’ so different from my background and the world I know. It’s fun to be in another world.
7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would’ve liked to have changed some of my circumstances in my life and not have my parents and grandmother died in an auto accident on New Year’s Eve.
8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet? I wouldn’t call my horse, Sadie, my pet.  Maybe I’m her pet.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? I would’ve liked to have been in Texas and met Sam Houston and Steven F. Austin and fought with them for Texas Independence.


3 comments:

  1. I saw your cover at my local Fry's store and thought, "How perfect!" Sounds like a great book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fry's, as in the electronic super store? My husband and his engineer buddies (retired) have lunch and spend a hour @ Fry's looking at the newest and greatest things for their computers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Joel's interview and look forward to reading his story!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive