Saturday, August 15, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: The Cowboy's Surprise Baby by Deb Kastner




Hometown Reunion 

After years away serving his country, Cole Bishop finally returns home—with a newborn baby in tow. As a single dad, Cole needs help. But the last thing he expects to encounter at his new job is his high school sweetheart—all grown up and more beautiful than ever. Tessa Applewhite might have broken Cole's heart years before, but she's never forgotten him. And he can wrangle her heart like no one else ever has. But Tessa rejected him when the stakes weren't nearly as high. Can Cole trust her again—and in the process, form a forever family? 



Interview:
How exciting to have Cole Bishop, the hero from The Cowboy’s Surprise Baby written by Deb Kastner, an August 2015 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1.     Cole, tell me the most interesting thing about you?
My baby boy, Grayson. He’s the biggest blessing and the best part about me. I’m a navy vet recently returned to my hometown, Serendipity, Texas, so my family can help me out and be a big part of Grayson’s life.
2.     What do you do for fun?
With an infant to care for, I don’t have much time for myself, but I take an occasional horseback ride to clear my mind.
3.     What do you put off doing because you dread it?
The owners of Redemption Ranch where I work, as well as my high school flame Tessa Applewhite, all think I ought to be a mentor to the troubled teens who visit. I’ve made too many mistakes in my life to be any kind of mentor, especially to impressionable teens.
4.     What are you afraid of most in life?
I’m afraid I won’t be able to give my son all the support he needs emotionally and spiritually. I can only be a father to him. I’m afraid he’ll resent me because he has to grow up without a mother. He has some female role models with the ladies in my family and even Tessa, but I’m afraid that’s not enough.
5.     What is the most important thing to you?
I’m sure you’ve guessed by now that I’m going to say my son. I’ll do anything for him.
6.     Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I’m not a reader. Never have been.
7.     If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I had Tessa’s ability to work with people. She’s so naturally outgoing and friendly, and she always seems to instinctually know what the teenagers need from her. And she’s terrific with Grayson, much more natural than I’ll ever be.
8.     Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Until recently, I’ve been in the navy, so no pets.
9.     If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
My immediate response is that I’d go back to the night that, through a series of circumstances, I let down my guard, drank more than I should, blacked out and had a one-night stand. I regret my behavior and will never forgive myself. I completely abandoned every moral principle I held. But from that came Grayson, my biggest blessing. So how could I wish to change that?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive